Looking for help before conception, during pregnancy, or otherwise in anticipation of birth/adoption? Check out those services here.
Individualized Postnatal Consultation and Care
How can I help your family after a birth, adoption, loss, or later in the first year?
Sample Postnatal Services - "After Baby"
Hours are prepaid, with a suggested package minimum of 15 hours, starting at the rate of $40 an hour (travel fee may apply, based on location). Visits tend to be 3-4 hours long. A prenatal home visit and a post-birth hospital visit (if applicable/desired) are included at no extra charge. If you need to extend care and add hours later, this is often possible. I am often able to be available to accompany families home from the hospital, or to join families at home after a home birth, to help everyone get settled in, if this would interest you. Please contact me to discuss your family's needs and desired schedule.
- Newborn information and care
- BSB-developed series of emails for parents, with information on birthing parent's recovery, family bonding, and baby's development -- daily for the first week, then periodically up to 3 months postpartum.
- Normalizing the rhythms of a newborn - from feeding to sleeping and beyond, including strategies to help everyone get more rest
- Help with understanding baby's cues (feeding, sleeping, bonding)
- Showing baby soothing skills
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding/lactation support
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Planning for returning to work and/or pumping
- Referral information for IBCLC/ENT in case of clinical issues
- Family integration
- Help with sibling(s) - care, activities, adjustment
- Strategies for life with a toddler (or older child) and baby at home
- Tips and activities to encourage bonding with and enjoyment of baby
- Parenting resources and coping strategies
- Marrying your newborn's needs with family schedules/routines
- Postpartum care/recovery
- Cesarean healing
- Healing after vaginal birth
- Baby care while parents rest or shower
- Information on "Baby Blues" and postpartum depression
- Around the house
- Household organization
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Management of after-birth visitors phone messages and emails
- Digital photography
- In the kitchen
- Menu planning assistance
- Grocery shopping
- Ingredient prep to simplify future meals
- Snack/Meal preparation (fresh or for the freezer)
- Setting up a Meal Train for friends and family
- In your neighborhood
- Running short errands
- Accompanying a parent on a first outing with baby (first time nursing in public, etc.)
- Accompanying a parent (or parents) and baby to doctor
- Making referrals
- support groups
- parent/baby activities
- other specialists/professionals
- Back to work or school consultation
- Exploring childcare options
- Creating pumping/feeding plans
- Troubleshooting pumping/feeding concerns, gear, scheduling, etc.
- Resources on your rights in the workplace or educational environment
- And more!
In all situations, I strive to provide:
Emotional support without judgment
An extra pair of hands
Connection to community resources and other referrals (when desired/needed)
Services Do Not Include
Deep cleaning/furniture moving
*In person, phone, and email support available*